Saturday, 14 March 2015

Product Review: Paula's Choice Clinical Instant Calm Advanced RednessRelief

This stuff is one of my personal holy grails, body and face. I have incredible sensitive redness prone skin head to toe, and I'm also particularly prone to ingrown hairs on my legs, which whenever they occur seem to leave hyper pigmented scars.  Suffice it to say, the few times I have run out of this since first beginning usage, skirts ceased to be an option.

I love to use it right after a shower, douse my skin in the golden coloured liquid and use my epilator. I find it is very slippery, allowing the machine to glide and make a quick job of epilating my entire body. It also let's me deal with minimal redness afterward and little to no ingrowns. If you've ever used an epilating and suffered the almost guaranteed ingrowns afterward, you can probably understand why I dread the idea of running out of this. Another favorite usage is right before and after threading, again, minimal to no redness or ingrowns afterward. 

I also love using it as part of a regular body and face skin care routine, in fact I consider it my skin's breakfast, it's my post-shower first step and the most essential meal of my skin's day. I find that the slippery texture makes all my other products go a longer way and it helps keep irritation and redness to a minimum. For anyone with sensitive skin, I would consider incorporating this stuff into your routine. 






1. Water: this is a water based liquid, similar in texture to most "hydrating" toners on the market
2. Butylene Glycol: slip enhancer, this is one of my favorite aspects of this product, the fact that it allows so much playtime and slip 
3. Propylene glycol: another slip enhancer 
4. Sea whip extract: an anti-irritant extracted from coral reef inhabiting critters
5. Oat beta glucan: the kind of saccharide we like, this is another potent anti-irritant and mild antioxidant
6. Colloidal oatmeal: see why I compare this to my skin's breakfast? Colloidal oatmeal is the ingredient that Aveeno based their entire company on, it provides a great deal of benefit to dry, excema, psoriasis, or sensitivity prone skin
7. Epigallocatechin Gallate: otherwise known as EGCG, a green tea polyphenol which has lot's of credible research suggesting it as an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-mutagen
8. Salix alba (willow) bark extract: the active ingredient in Aspirin (so if you are allergic, ensure you skip this product) which is another potent inflammatory
9. Boerhavia diffusa root extract: another potent anti-inflammatory
10. Phytic acid: one of the gentlest, Rosacea friendly acids available, primarily used as a pigmentation preventer 
11. Xanthan gum: cosmetic thickener, obviously very little is used here as this is a very liquid product
12. Polysorbate 20: surfactant and emulsifier
13. Potassium sorbate: preservative
14. Disodium EDTA: preservative and chelator


No comments:

Post a Comment